Sunday, December 14, 2014

Andrew WK | Steev Mike Conspiracy, Bulb Records, Pete Larson





http://chrisbrakeshow.com/2014/04/23/34-andrew-w-k-interview/ Andrew WK on the Chris Brake Show Part 6 Andrew "Don't Call Me Andy" WK addresses Conspiracy and also False Andrew Rumors |  Andrew continues his list of his favorite juice that prompted the lyrics to "Girls Own Juice." Was it semen? Was it steroids?



Andrew addresses being raised with folks like Twig from Nautical Almanac & the guys from Wolf Eyes, Nate Young along with the other gentleman, and also what it really was like going to high school with these guys in Ann Arbor.



Andrew discusses being unsure of the right way to feel, and finally addresses the Steev Mike conspiracy that Andrew WK is not himself, and that he was produced by some form of record label machine, and he's an actor and all of that.



This is John speaking here. There was a time period in which if you looked at Andrew WK's official website, it had all types of creepy stuff happening. It appeared like it had been hacked, and there was this strange story line that all us diehard Andrew WK fans got to follow. It was entertaining, and it gave us some thing to talk about on the Andrew WK message forums.



But if you were a fan back then, it really drove you up the wall. So we were really glad to hear Andrew finally open up about what the deal was with this whole Andrew WK conspiracy.



"And that's probably what these people wanted to happen, they wanted to get under my skin. And they did," says Andrew.



It was like the Paul McCartney rumor, the whole "Paul is Dead" thing, the theory that Paul was replaced by another guy.



"And the most frustrating part was you could not engage to defend yourself because it just put more fuel in the fire.



I got some not-so-good advice from people who had been there before me, and it is what it is.



Chris asks Andrew about a quote at a lecture, "I'm not the guy you've seen from the "I Get Wet" album, I'm not that same person. I don't just mean that in a philosophical or conceptual way. I'm just not the same person, at all."



"Nobody forced me, or tricked me, or manipulated me into doing anything...



"Maybe they were trying to manipulate me or get me to do something I shouldn't have done, but I should have asked for a second opinion.



Andrew WK Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHWak-GZ0jM

No comments:

Post a Comment